Required as soon as possible.
20–25 hours per week (to be negotiated).
Monday–Friday, term time only.
Salary: NJC Scale 5–11 (depending on qualification).
We are a thriving and successful school looking to appoint an excellent teacher assistant to join our enthusiastic and supportive team. The position will initially involve working with children in KS1.
We can offer you:
- A positive, caring ethos with children and learning at the heart of all we do
- Happy children who are enthusiastic, motivated and engaged learners
- Talented, friendly and supportive teaching and admin teams
- A structured and supportive induction programme
- A school team committed to your professional development with proven success
- Excellent learning environment, resources and extensive grounds
- Good relationships with parents, carers and the wider community
- A leadership team that wants to continuously improve and enable everyone to thrive
- Well informed and effective Governing body
- Part of the FTP, a partnership of 14 Wokingham Schools providing excellent networks and training opportunities for all staff
- Part of the SLA, a partnership of 12 Wokingham Schools providing school to school support and action research opportunities
The successful candidate will need to:
- Promote a culture of learning that is exciting, challenging and rewarding
- Be a good teaching assistant, always striving to improve
- Have an open and positive attitude
We are looking for the following qualities:
- • Enthusiastic & motivated, enabling all children to reach their potential
- • Has good levels of English & Maths
- • Effective communication skills & be able to work within a team
- • Ability to build rapport with children with additional needs
- • Experience/understanding of working with SEND children is beneficial
- • Have high expectations of learning, progress and behaviour
- • Ability to use initiative to work flexibly
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
For further information please contact: Miss Charlotte Gage, School Administrator, 0118 954 0770 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications considered on receipt for interview.
Rivermead Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS checks & references.