Special Educational Needs Coordinator
Starting salary: Up To £38690 (UPS1) + £2270 SEN Allowance, Pro Rata 0.6 FTE.
Closing date: Friday 23 April 2021.
The village school in the heart of town
Badgemore Primary School is a growing, friendly school committed to providing a value-based curriculum that inspires and nurtures children to aspire and strive for excellence both academically and personally. We are looking to recruit a new SENDCo to join the school team. Position is to start in September 2021.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the Headteacher and the governing board to ensure that the school meets its responsibilities under the Equality Act 2010 with regards to reasonable adjustments and access arrangements.
- Ensure the school keeps an accurate record of all pupils with SEND and that this remains up-to-date.
- Undertake training and CPD to improve and maintain a well-rounded knowledge of SEND provision to ensure duties canbe effectively performed.
- Have a sound knowledge of how relevant legislation, including the ‘SEND Code of Practice’, impacts the school’s SEND provision.
- Understand how the needs of pupils with SEND change as they get older.
- Participate in the implementation of EHC plans with parents of pupils with SEND, monitoring their impact and making any necessary adjustments to ensure pupils make progress.
If you feel you have the skills we are looking for and would like to work in a forward thinking environment you are encouraged to visit the school to meet the rest of the team.
Closing date for applications is 23rd April 2021.
Please contact the school office on 01491 575665 for further information, to request an application pack, or to make an appointment to for a CV19 safe visit to the school.
Badgemore Primary School
Hop Gardens, Henley-on-Thames, Oxon RG9 2HL
T: (01491) 575665
Tim Hoskins Head Teacher