HR Executive Assistant
Working Hours: 37.5 hours pw Monday to Friday (over a 52 week year).
Closing date: Friday 14 December 2018.
Competitive remuneration dependent on skills, experience and qualifications; iro £22–£28k pa FTE.
Holidays: 20 days plus bank holidays (increasing annually to 25 days)
Teaching music, changing lives!
This is a key role within the Central Services Team of Berkshire Maestros and is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Executive Assistant to further develop their career.
Maestros is a charitable trust and the lead organisation of the Berkshire Music Education Hub (BMEH). Nearly 6,000 students receive instrumental and vocal lessons in schools or at one of our music centres located across the county. Maestros also provides opportunities for students to participate in a variety of orchestras, bands and choirs ranging from beginner to advanced groups and offers a comprehensive range of musical services to all ages, including Early Years and adults.
Primary Job Purpose
To be responsible for the day to day company Human Resources activities, enhancing the effectiveness of the senior leadership and executive team through high quality administrative support.
Accountable to the CEO
- Facilitate the full recruitment activity life cycle for the organisation
- Facilitate all aspects of staff induction
- Support the CEO and Senior Management Team in day to day people management activities developing and administering appropriate office systems
- Administer employee matters relating to, for example, absence, sickness etc.
- Administer the employee counselling service (EAP)
- Liaise with the CEO and Payroll Officer to produce and issue employment contracts and self-employed agreements
- Manage annual appraisal procedures, administering pay reviews in conjunction with the Payroll Officer, liaising with colleagues to co-ordinate the line management structure
- Implement the staff training and continual professional development programme.
- Be responsible for staff DBS clearance and Child Safeguarding (DSL) fulfilling the role of Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead as required
- Provide confidential administrative support within the Senior Management Team when required
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the post that may be assigned by the CEO
The post-holder must:
- Be educated to degree level (preferably have or be working towards CIPD qualifications, level 3+)
- Have experience or knowledge of an educational working environment
- Have previous experience of at least one year in a HR executive assistant role at a similar level
- Have a basic understanding of UK employment law with the ability to accurately operate formal procedures
- Demonstrate ability to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion and diplomacy
- Have the ability to work calmly under pressure with multiple demands in a fast-paced environment
- Have exceptional inter-personal, organisational and communication skills (oral and written)
- Competitive remuneration dependent on skills, experience and qualifications; iro £22–£28k pa FTE
- Holidays: 20 days plus bank holidays (increasing annually to 25 days)
- Working Hours: 37.5 hours pw Monday to Friday (over a 52 week year); you may occasionally be required to work additional hours during periods of increased workflow (e.g. weekend/evening support/attendance at key events)
Closing date: 14th December 2018
Interviews: 19th December 2018
Full description and application form www.berkshiremaestros.org.uk/jobs
Berkshire Maestros takes the responsibility of child protection very seriously and checks the suitability of staff and volunteers to work with children. Berkshire Maestros is an equal opportunities employer.