1st September 2019.
Salary Group 1 Leadership Spine.
Closing date: 9am, Tuesday 23 April 2019
Inspiring children through creativity, challenge and confidence
The children, staff and governors of Westende Junior School are seeking an inspirational Headteacher with excellent communication skills to build on our exceptional standards of teaching and learning and lead our thriving and popular school into the future.
We are a Good school (Ofsted Report, June 2015) that believes strongly in promoting excellence, while providing an atmosphere in which our children can learn, enjoy, grow and show support to others. We have an established and highly regarded resource for pupils with autism spectrum disorder.
Our headteacher will:
- Have leadership qualities to challenge, inspire, motivate and empower others
- Be an excellent and flexible communicator, developing strong relationships with children, staff, parents, governors and a range of stakeholders within and beyond the school
- Demonstrate a commitment to the highest standards of teaching, learning and assessment, and show great enthusiasm for ensuring all our children achieve their true potential
- Behave as a role model, leading by example, creating a motivated team who share best practice and take a full part in the school’s progression
- Deliver a rich, engaging and varied curriculum that meets children’s needs in an ever-changing world
- Be able to manage budgets and resources effectively, in a way that realises the school’s full potential and ensures its financial sustainability
- Have a well-developed working knowledge of SEND policy, provision and challenges
- A welcoming, supportive and friendly learning environment with highly motivated, happy children who are positive learners, take pride in their school, and feel valued, listened to and safe
- A dedicated and talented staff who provide our children with stimulating, challenging and memorable learning experiences
- A highly committed and engaged governing body, staff and parent community who are all strongly focused on the success of our school
- An ethos of valuing and caring for all members of our school community
- A commitment to continuous improvement and your professional development
Visits to our school are very warmly welcomed; please call our school office to make an appointment.
Westende Junior School Seaford Road, Wokingham RG40 2EJ.
Tel: 0118 978 6682.
Closing date: 9am, 23rd April 2019.
Interview: 2nd May 2019.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will need to provide evidence for an enhanced DBS check. Equal opportunities for all.