Required from 1st September 2019.
Salary range L4–L10. Full-time.
Permanent contract. 0.6 class commitment, 0.4 Leadership responsibility.
Closing date: midnight, Sunday 28 April 2019.
Believing in their future
Achieving for their future
We are looking for an enthusiastic, confident and engaging person to support our Headteacher in leading our school on our journey to becoming a centre of excellence.
We are looking for a senior leader who:
- Is an outstanding teacher;
- Will deputise in the Head’s absence;
- Has leadership and management experience;
- Will play a major role, under the direction of the Headteacher, in ensuring the school's objectives are met;
- Has a working knowledge of strategies for school improvement and raising standards of achievement;
- Is ambitious with high aspirations for the children we serve;
- Will actively participate in pupil progress, work scrutiny and lesson observations/learning walks;
- Will support the Headteacher in scrutinising pupil progress; analysing data and assessing school performance to identify strengths and areas for development;
- Will support the Headteacher in ensuring that teaching and learning provides a co-ordinated and coherent curriculum across the school;
- Will work closely with governors and School Improvement Advisors, under the direction of the Headteacher, to raise standards and drive school improvement;
- Will make an impact and inspire confidence, respect and trust;
- Leads and promotes the school values with all stakeholders;
- Promotes our school ethos, which is inclusive and based on British values and our Christian heritage.
Cold Ash St Mark’s CE Primary School has a reputation for being:
- supportive of personal aspirations and of each other;
- supported by a strong staff team, an active governing board and a very successful parents’ association;
- innovative through the use of new technologies and creative teaching methods;
- well situated in an area with an international reputation for advanced technology, close to London and Oxford and in an area of outstanding natural beauty;
- highly rated by our families, the local authority, our diocese and judged to be ‘Good’ by Ofsted and SIAMS.
Please contact the school office to request an application form and to arrange a visit: firstname.lastname@example.org, 01635 862600
A job description can be downloaded below.
To apply, please complete an application form and write a supporting statement outlining how you meet the person specification; your leadership strengths; why you consider yourself to be suitable for this post and what you will offer in this post to help achieve our school development priorities.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 28th April at 12:00 midnight.
Interviews: Monday 20th May – Time to be confirmed.
Our School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Please download a job description below:
Cold Ash St Marks Deputy Job Description