After School Care Supervisor
(NVQ L3 or equivalent)
and Playground Mentor
Hours: 10am to 5.30pm.
Reporting to: Senior Leadership Team.
Closing date: noon, Thursday 13 May 2021.
After School Care supervision duties:
- Look after any Kindergarten and other Pre-Prep children as required from 3.00pm until they are collected
- Administer a light snack to children during this time (no preparation needed)
- Play games, engage with children, read with them, talk to them and generally provide a safe, relaxing and enjoyable after school care experience
- Recommend resources for purchase
- Ensure pupils are signed out by parents in an accurate manner and parents are treated courteously
- Ensure pupils are signed in / collected for After School Care in a safe and timely manner
- Take responsibility for the pastoral care of each pupil in After School Care for this time and pass on any relevant information to other staff to ensure their safety and wellbeing
- Read communications from the school and respond as appropriate
- Undertake or maintain required levels of training
- Be aware of any medical problems; to fill in an accident report form as required if present at the time of an accident, ensuring that parents / staff are informed about accidents
- Develop effective professional relationships with colleagues
- To be aware of key school policies especially those related to the safeguarding, supervision, first aid, health and safety, emergency procedures, anti-bullying and behaviour and discipline.
- Participate in the school’s appraisal system
Playground Mentor duties:
- To work with the teacher on playground duty
- To liaise with the senior leadership team and class teachers
- To be responsible for the children’s health, safety and happiness during break times
- To promote good behaviour and manners
- To ensure that the children are calm and happy and adhere to the school’s behaviour policy
- To be a presence on the playground and around classrooms as necessary, being mindful of line of sight at all times
- To complete any paperwork relating to playtime incidents
- Administer basic first aid as required
- NVQ Level 3 in Child Care or equivalent essential
- To be a good team member
- To enjoy working with children
- To be patient and approachable
- To have energy and commitment
- To be discrete and professional
- To have a sense of humour
- To be a good time keeper
- To be prepared to learn the school rules, strategies and policies and work within them
- First Aid qualification (training can be arranged)
For an application form please email: email@example.com or visit our website.
Completed applications should be addressed to Emma Adriano, Head of Pre-Prep and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is noon on Thursday 13 May 2021 with interviews shortly after.
St George’s School, Windsor Castle is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the posts, including, contacting past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service, disqualification, prohibition and other checks relevant to the role.